Sunday, September 14, 2008

Camping Trip

We went to Grandpa Ott's property by Bryce Canyon this weekend. We had a lot of fun together as a little family. We stayed in Aunt Pam's trailer (thanks Pam) and we got to use the great bathrooms that Gary built (thanks Gary)! Here are some pictures of all the fun things we did:



Shaersti got a new fishing pole so of course we went fishing. Shaersti was really cute with her fishing pole...
And she even caught a fish with it!
No...this isn't bait. Shaersti actually caught this little thing. I have no idea how it even got the hook into it's mouth.


Shaersti calls this a "shoot-gun". She really wanted to shoot my "shoot-gun" with dad and she thought it was a lot of fun. She was a rapid fire machine. We really had to explain gun safety after we saw her ease with it.
So... maybe Scott didn't really realize who he had married 6 years ago but he gave me this gun on our 1st Christmas together. It was a really cute thought but he has sure gotten a lot of crap over it. He has since put a scope on it and claims it as his own- which was probably his plan in the first place!
It was mine and Scott's 6th anniverary one week ago. I loved these pictures because this is definitely the man I fell in love with. We spent most of our 3 years of dating outside together and I still love him all scruffy with a baseball cap the best. I have the best husband in the whole world and I am so grateful to be married to him!

We know from past camping trips that Anne loves to be dirty. I got some great pictures to show off her dirtiness. She loved being outside so much that she would throw a full-blown fit every time we tried to get her into the car.




Shaersti adopted the fishing worms. She played with them all day long. She would take them out one by one and let them play on a rock then carefully put them back in their box. We were surprised that she was letting dad string them onto a hook but she was fine with them catching fish. However, she bawled her eyes out when she watched dad rip one in half. We had to convince her that he was still alive.

We went to a wildlife museum that the girls thought was really cool. They loved looking at all the animals and then we got to feed the deer.

Anne really liked feeding the deer and she got really excited when they would lick her hand.
Shaersti, on the other hand, wasn't about to let a deer come anywhere close to her.






4 comments:

Jill Emett said...

As usual your pictures are darling. I can tell you guys had a great time. I loved the story of Shaersti and the worms. That sounds just like her. I agree that you have a great husband.

Amelia said...

What a fun trip- I want to do that sometime too! Happy 6 years!

Emett Family said...

Congratulations on the anniversary. It is important to step back and enjoy the greater things in life once in a while. I am happy to see you had this opportunity to be outside. Scott was telling me about the trip and it seems like it was a lot of fun. What a great life we live! ---Matt

Adkins Family said...

Your camping trip looks like lots of fun. I wish we could/would go camping more. We always have lots of excuses not to go and never do anything - although we do have a ward campout this month that we are going to. I love that your girls, especially Anne, love to be outdoors so much! They are so cute. Even when they're dirty!