Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Work, Work, and more Work

For those who don't know- we are moving. We are renting a house just one circle over from my parent's. In exchange for a lowered rent, we agreed to paint the house before we move in. It has been quite the job and we have gotten a lot of help, especially from my parents. My dad has come over a few times into the late night to help pull up carpet and mask off cupboards. My mom has been the biggest help of all, tending my kids every day for the past two weeks so I could work on the house. Although we have a really busy week ahead of us, we will be done painting by Saturday night. All our flooring goes in next week, and then we can move in. Although we are downsizing by a few bedrooms and then some, I am actually pretty excited to move. It's a big blessing in my life that I thrive off change! The house will be really cute when it's done, our rent will be at a great price, and the house is right on an amazing park and close to my parents. I couldn't ask for more during these crappy economic times. We have an offer on our house right now and we hope it goes through, but we are going to get settled before our new baby comes regardless of whether our current home sales or not. It has brought me a lot of peace of mind, which is worth its weight in gold!

This is some of the wallpaper coming off. What cute little helper girls!

And even more wallpaper coming off. This is Kolby going where no man has been before.

Is this how the professional painters look after a day of spraying? Doubt It! My husband is a good sport. Now we know what his hair will look like in about 5 more years!!!





4 comments:

Adkins Family said...

Talk about playing catch-up with your blog! I love all the pictures. I can't believe how big Shaersti is! She looks all grown up! That's pretty cool that you're getting everything taken care of and will be all settled before the baby comes. It's a good thing you have a lot of helpers near-by! I would hate to see you moving everything 7 months pregnant!

Teri Wadman said...

Well I didn't know you were moving but I am glad it is going to work out great for you guys! I love the picture of Scott..priceless!

Amelia said...

Good posts Kjirsten.... You guys are working so hard. It will be so great when it is done.

Emilee Pierce said...

ohymyheck! I didn't recognize scott! That is crazy! I hope your house sells. This economy sucks, huh!