My crazy husband decided to add a 4-wheeler to our list of things that we own with no place to park. So of course we had to go camping again. We went back to our little Leeds spot last Thursday and stayed until Sunday, which gave us lots of fun time to explore Silver Reef. It was pretty cool.
This was the coolest thing. They had little silver mines everywhere but this was the "big daddy". They have closed off the top with some major steel to keep people out but this is the original structure of the elevator they used to lower themselves down into the mine. They would climb these bars them lower themselves into the elevator you can see at the back. If this was still a big, gaping hole, it would be really scary.
We took our "little" Josh with us for a few days
Even though I'm sitting on a major structure, I was still a little scared to be over the top of this huge hole.

This is Scott's newest love- his 4-wheeler.
This is a kiln where they would burn wood to make charcoal then use the charcoal somehow in the mining of the silver.
Even though I'm sitting on a major structure, I was still a little scared to be over the top of this huge hole.
This is Scott's newest love- his 4-wheeler.
This is a kiln where they would burn wood to make charcoal then use the charcoal somehow in the mining of the silver.




2 comments:
That does look cool! I can't believe I never went there!
That does look cool! I can't believe I never went there!
Post a Comment