Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Triathlon

Once again, Scott tried to push the limits of his body to see what he could do. He did the St. George triathlon last weekend. The girls and I went to watch him and it was a lot of fun. The swimming was really cool to me. He told me that he had to approve my wet suit posts but it's my blog, so that's too bad. Besides, he's pretty cute in a wet suit.
This is a piece of the crowd watching and you can see some swimmers starting by the pier.
It was so fun to watch the swimmers start, although I think I would be freaked out and worried I would get run over if I was one of them. This was one heat out of about 8 that did this race.
After the 1 mile swim, Scott biked just over 20 miles (on his mountain bike because he's a true man!!!) This is him finishing the bike portion.
Then he ran 6.2 miles. Here he is leaving for his run.
And here he is finishing at last. Shaersti and Anne jumped under the rope and ran a very little ways with him. Although he didn't finish as fast as he would have liked, he did something he has never tried before and he finished it. He said it kicked his butt, although he hardly even got sore. I love having a husband that tries things and isn't afraid to enter a triathlon with old crappy shoes, a mountain bike, and no spandex (he was one of the very few with loose-fitting clothes). I love you Scott!

No comments: