Wednesday, April 24, 2013

San Diego

I was looking for something to do while Scott was in classes so I took the kids to Old Town. It wasn't terribly fascinating for them but we ate a great lunch, found a cute little expensive candy store, and visited the Mormon Battalion Historic Site. The kids had fun at the museum. They got to dress up like the pioneers, take old fashioned pictures and pan for gold. This is Brigham in his fur hat.

Shaersti was dressed up like a soldier while the other girls got bonnets and washboards. 

When Scott was done with classes on Friday night we all went to the beach.  It was beautiful What you can't tell is that it was freezing.

Scott, Shaersti and Anne ended up in their swimsuits out in the water. They are crazy. I was cold just sitting on the beach.

Briggs loved the sand, once we drug him away from the freezing water.


So did Paysli (who wouldn't have anything to do with the water).

That is one sandy bum!
9 months pregnant isn't the most attractive way to do the beach!

Did I mention that it took us 8 hours to get to San Diego and around 7 to get home? We traveled at night so the kids slept for a lot of it. It's a good thing because apparently this is what they do when they get bored.



No comments: