Deer hunt was freezing, but fun, this year. We took the kids with us for a few days then left them with grandma for a few days. It's a good thing we took them home cause it got way too cold to have kept them at camp.This is our niece, Faith. Her dad, Colby, took her on a ride and she slid off the back right into a huge pile of mud. She only cared for about a minute, what a trooper!
Shaersti is all wrapped up and ready to go for a ride. She is imitating a deer.
I wish I could say this is our 4-wheeler. Although we had ours, it would have never made it up the mountain. This is Van's way awesome 700 cc 4-wheeler that we got to use a few times.
This is obviously after we took the kids home. We went to the top of the mountain out of pure craziness trying to hunt down a deer. I know I don't look like a female, but I am on the left then Scott's brother Van, then his nephew Colby.
What cute, manly guys!!!
We passed this frozen pond about 6 times. It was so beautiful! I finally brought myself to take off my gloves and dig out my camera for a picture.
And here we are finally skinning our deer. Oh, wait... I mean Van's deer. After we about froze to death on the mountain for 2 full days, Van and Colby both shot bucks right out of camp. We left camp for 15 minutes and a whole group of deer piled right into the field. Van used his camp chair as a dead rest and Colby ran out from washing his dishes to shoot. Pretty crazy! At least we got to take Van's home so Scott can have his beloved venison jerky!
Al in all... a pretty great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment