Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Spartan Beast

Scott did The Spartan Beast in Midway in June. It was such an awesome race to watch. Thanks to my mom tending we had a fabulous little weekend. This is Scott with his friends and co-workers, Sean and Jeremy before the race started. They are so clean!

A big group from his Cross Fit gym did the race, too.

The race is 12 miles and 30 obstacles. I didn't get to see all of the obstacles, but here are a few I did see. Behind this dirt pile it drops down into a mud pit that they have to climb out of.

On the other side of this fence is a slippery rubber mat they had to climb up.

This was the hardest obstacle of all. They had to climb uphill under barbed wire on rocky uneven ground for a long ways. This was after they had already run 8 miles.


They had one chance to hit the target, or do 30 burpees. Scott hit it!

This traverse wall was super muddy and slippery. He was doing really good, then...

He fell off and had to do burpees. I'm proud to say that these are the only burpees he did during the whole race. That's awesome!

Although this was not the only 10-foot wall they had to get over, it's the only one I saw.

More crawling through the mud under barbed wire.

Mud hills... yuck. Can you see the guys head down in the ravine? I don't know how they climbed out of there.

The final crawl to the finish line.

You can't get to the finish line without going through the jousters.

Finally done... yay!

So, so, so muddy... and kinda hot in a weird way!



Scott ended up stripping down to undies to get the mud off. He wasn't the only one walking out of the shower next to naked. What a fun day and an awesome race! Maybe I will attempt it with him next year!

1 comment:

Adkins Family said...

Wow! You've been a blogging maniac! It's so fun to see all the fun things you guys have been doing! I love all the Havasupai pictures!