Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kitchen Backsplash

After going to the Parade of Homes I got the crazy idea to do a backsplash in my kitchen. I figured it would cost a lot so I didn't jump right on the thought.
I was at Lowe's one day and decided to look at tile. It just so happened that there was a fabulous tile on clearance (because who else has a blue/gray kitchen?) with barely enough left to do my kitchen. I bought it on a total impulse then had to start learning how to lay tile.
My cute friend, Julie, had just done a backsplash in her house so she came over after all the kids (8 kids between the 2 of us) were in bed one night and taught me what to do. It took a few days (and just a little more work than I thought) but my kitchen feels so much newer. I am really happy with it!
Here's a few "before" pictures:

In the middle of the whole process:
My "after" shots (with terrible lighting):


No comments: