Monday, February 15, 2016

June- Ragnar

In 2014 Scott and I signed up to run the Ragnar with the Fuller team. We figured we would work on it and be in great shape by the time it came around. We were wrong. It snuck right up on us. In fact, this was Scott's dinner choice the night before.


The race starts. We had two different vans and we were in the 2nd. That means we got to start later in the day than the first van.

This was the starting line. We were feeling pretty great about everything. I ran my first leg great. I was feeling awesome and loved it. However, about 30 minutes after I finished, I realized what I had done. I had really pushed it when my body wasn't ready. I really hurt my feet and ankles and still had 2 legs left. I managed to finish but I was in so much pain that I didn't love any of it and vowed I would never run it again. That's a super bad attitude beause there were some cool and adventurous things about it. 

This is the finish line. I was hardly walking anymore, but I was there! I did love spending the time with Scott.

No comments: