Friday, February 17, 2017

October Anne's Front Teeth

Anneliese was at a Halloween party at her dance studio. She tripped over a girl and fell face down. Just as her face hit the floor, the girl landed on the back of her head. She hit her two front teeth just perfectly right to break them right in half. She was SO upset and freaked out. Luckily, Grandpa Scott was there.

Grandpa took her right to the dental lab and glued her teeth right back in. 

You can see the split in the.

This is her teeth glued back in. Unfortunately, they didn't even last the night. The next day we had Doctor Prince and Grandpa Scott working with her. They ended up taking impressions and making new crowns for her front teeth.

After a really devastating week of vampire teeth, it was really emotional to have front teeth again... fake or not. It was a huge learning lesson for me as a mom. I had felt bad for Anne that she had big crooked teeth. After she broke them in half and I knew she would never be able to bite into an apple again, all I wanted in the whole world was her big crooked teeth back. I cried for days. It was emotional to see big crooked teeth back in her mouth, I was so grateful! She may never be able to bite into an apple, but I feel so blessed that we had such great people to have new teeth in her mouth within a week. What a wonderful thing!

No comments: